Customer’s impression:
Cheap Easy to use Just Okay Only one charging circuit Great charger and great value
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Seems reasonably safe for the price

posted by ksJoe on 05/28/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Its very cheap

An open circuit voltage of 4.2 should keep it relatively safe.

Its compact and easy to use.

Cons:

From what I've read from people who have tested them, virtually all cheap chargers do not stop charging. Even after the LED turns green, it continues to trickle charge. Reportedly, this charger does also. So if you leave batteries in a cheap charger after its green, it continues to trickle charge up to possibly dangerous levels.

On the bright side, this charger has an open circuit voltage of 4.2, so if you leave a cell in it, it would probably be safe. Or at least safer than a cheap charger with a higher open circuit voltage.

OtherThoughts:

The first cells I put in it got pretty warm. The LED did not turn green even after about 12 hours. Subsequent cells have not gotten noticeably warm, or taken so long. All the cells are very close in charge and condition so I'm not sure what happened with the first ones. But seems to be working well now.

Bottomline:

In this price range, its hard to beat. Its hard to find a cheap charger that truly terminates the charge when the cells are fully charged. This one seems like an ok compromise.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections