Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• This thing is bright!

posted by Belcat2 on 06/01/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I used this light strip on our outside stairs, with it's uneven steps. I was surprised how bright it was! It lit up the steps very bright, and the light was even visible 10 feet away on other structures (despite the city lights).
    Light is blueish-white.
    The sticky strip is holding itself up so far, though I doubt that would be enough on a car.

Cons:

The power usage, including the overhead of our 120V to 12V transformer, is 7 watts. It uses a little more power than I wanted. I wish it was longer and the lights more spread out, so it could cover more distance.

OtherThoughts:

I doubt you will be disappointed with the brightness, and if you are, just add another strip.
    It hasn't rained here yet, so I don't know how it fares with the rain (it should have no problem, it's surrounded by a thick clear plastic shield).

Bottomline:

If you want a bright strip of light for outdoor use, get this! Way brighter than two 4W incandescent lights that are usually sold for patio lights.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections