Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very nice light

posted by DanielBenSasson on 10/20/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Easy to use, has a sticky back, so installing it was simple.

Light quality is good, "cool white" a bit bluish.

For a first timer with LED strips I was surprised how much light is emitted from a 3W strip.

Cons:

Light source must be hidden from direct eye sight since it is just too bright.

It is impossible to curve it and I was afraid to fold it since it is water proof.

OtherThoughts:

My intention is to use it as a under kitchen cupboard light.

Modern kitchen refrain from adding an edge to the cupboard which means traditional lighting is no longer hidden from sight.

These LEDs are so thin that only a shallow groove is needed to hide the light source.

I still need to see if the light is consistent enough to make this a useful light source in the kitchen or good enough only for decorative purposes.

To get an L shaped light source I would try to cut and solder the strip, so it would be possible to get a 90 degree angle curve.

In a non water proof I saw it done by folding the strip twice, but this just can’t be done with the water proof version due to it thickness.

Soldering through the water proof layer or stripping it away looks like a daunting challenge.

Bottomline:

Very good value for the price.

High quality build, except the sticker cover.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections