Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Does not quite work for me

posted by zinob on 01/07/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It is cheap and DX was honestly the only store that would ship a HTC-3.5mm adapter to Sweden at the time of purchase.
    in short:
    + Cheap
    + Available

Cons:

The 3.5 mm socket does not seem to be quite up top spec, the headphones have a tendency of slipping out more than with any other adapter or extension cord i have ever used. The volume setting is flaky at best. Sliding it just gives a very slight reduction in sound level until you reach the lowest end at which the sound sharply cuts of all together.
    The microphone does not seem to work at all the phone (HTC Magic) still use its internal Mic when I plug it in. Also even if the mic had worked 70 cm was a bit to short to reach from my pocket to my collar comfortably (and i am pretty short with 170 cm).
    - Sloppy fitting in the 3.5 mm plug, have to use the collarclamp to hold the headphone cord in place.
    - Lousy volume controll
    - The mic does not work at all for me, but then HTC Magic is not listed as a supported model.
    - 70 cm cord is to short for me
    - I think a straight connector would have been more comfortable than this bent one.

Bottomline:

It works OK for me since i really just wanted a 3.5 mm connector for my HTC magic so that I could use "real" head phones but the build quality is so-so and the mic does not work for me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections