DX » Community » Reviews » MaxiScan MS509 2.8" LCD OBD2/EOBD Car Diagnostic Auto Code Scanner
  • 5 star 14 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjigo on 06/25/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I bought it for my toyotas and honda. Work pretty stong with the cars. To check all sensors and electronic stuff is quite easy. It got nice case. It's cheap. I have it more then a year and it still work good. Cons:Quality is kinda poor but not terrible. Display can be a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaximon14 on 03/30/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:is a highly versatile scanner, I have tested in two cars and none have had problems, only needs to turn on the car and the scanner does all the work. i cleaned all error codes in my two cars normal and pending codes. live data its really hepfull to check the sta... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypcvirtual on 11/10/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It's rounded by rubber hard. It's handy. The display has good size. You can set the brightness. It's cheap. Cons:The CD that comes with this device doesn't run in any operating system. I tried to probe it in Windows 7, Windows 2003 server and the device is not recognize... Read more

1 0
  • posted byJetcruza on 06/01/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very useful in checking codes, Worked on subaru foresta XT, Mitsubishi evo 8 MR. The live data was useful in checking if the MAF or TPS or 02senser was behaving properly. Cons:Worked only on few cars with year 2000 and above. Doesn't and won't work on any JDM toyota unl... Read more

1 0
  • posted byleoPaulino on 05/23/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:This appliance is meeting all my needs regarding my vehicle diagnostics. Here in my country, the professionals who provide vehicle maintenance charge between $ 15.00 to $ 30.00 per analizer. With this equipment I can even do this and take my car to professional mechanics... Read more

1 0
  • posted byvoodoomir on 04/09/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very useful device. Cleaned all my car errors. great device, every body should have on in their car It is great for cleaning error from the built in computer Cons:nothing except may be to come in other colors and may be to think about the wire less technologies to be in... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZoran68 on 03/21/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Clears Check Engine Light - Extensive code database - Real time data - Can print code - large display - back lit display - Ease of use, did not have to read manual Cons:Abosolutely none....works great.... no errors I'm surprised how it works, I was hoping it w... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypingtaf on 01/25/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Solid built. Scan my Hyundai Elentra 2004 with no problem. Used it to diagnose an intermittent oxygen sensor issue. I DYI changed the sensor, cleared the problem from the car computer and problem was fixed. Voila! Can clear the annoying "Check Engine" light in... Read more

1 0
  • posted byschwabSRB on 11/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Received in carton box. Box included carying bag ,device cables ,cd and user manual. Quality is ok , robust with rubber and plastic casing.Good user manual in English language. Cable for USB and cable for car connection is ok quality. Tested on Opel Astra G 2007 and BMW... Read more

3 0
  • posted bybcrfiji on 11/15/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Couldn't get this device to work so cannot say much here. DX tried to help me out but no luck with this device. Cons:Couldn't use this product as it will not connect to my 2004 Toyota Rav 4 built for Japan use. The deice will not communicate with my car... used it with... Read more

6 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections