DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-501B Cree XPG-WCR5 320-Lumen LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650/2*16340)
  • 5 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 33% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent 501b combo

posted by 300ZXTT on 02/26/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Cheap. I like the satin finish these hosts have been coming in lately. good size. beam seems to have a little better transition from hot-spot to flood area than my R2. Doesn't get hot at all on my Trustfire 18650 and runs for hours.

Cons:

Same cons as any 501b host. Not top notch quality, but good enough for the price I guess. Need to add a little grease to the o-rings for a smoother connection when twisting together or apart. Spring in tailcap may be too long, but some pliers and cutters fix that. Just trim it a little and turn the jagged end down.

OtherThoughts:

I've had several different versions of the 501b host, mostly with the R2 and 16340 batteries. I finally picked up some 18650's and ordered one of these to try. I have to say, it's awesome. The 18650 ran an R2 in the same host for about 1hr and 45min. In this configuration, it ran for about 3 hrs straight, with noticeable drop in output, but still useable. Voltage was still at around 3.2V out of the light.

Bottomline:

For the price, this light is awesome on 18650 (I use SKU 20392 ). You can even use the 3.7V Xenon bulb with this one.
    Now I'm going to order several more.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections