Customer’s impression:
Very good
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• wow.......

posted by flashin on 05/21/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

wow..... nice little light.
    very well made. everything fits well and seems to be of good materials.
    nice knurling in the center of the body.
    it may be the brightest single aa [1.5v] light that i own.
    very impressed by the output. it's nearly as bright as my rc-n3 on the hi setting. throw is respectable for such a small reflector.
    the threads feel good, and it has o-rings thoughout at all the needed places. o-rings are lightly lubed and tight fitting.
    my impression is that it is at least submergable at shallow depths. so if it was dropped in a mud puddle or creek it should survive.
    the finish seems to be very tough.... don't know if it's ha3 or not. the button is recessed by the switch housing. it can tailstand, and that also prevents it from accidently coming on in my pocket. it has lanyard holes, but none provided. which is good, i have a drawer full of lanyards and didn't need another one.
    nice springy pocket clip that clips on to the light body. as frills stated in his review, the clip direction can be changed from light down to light up by swapping the ends around.
    has a fairly large hotspot with an acceptable amount of sidespill. no ringy beam on my example. the amount of orange peal texture is about average on the reflector.
    excellent size for an edc light.

Cons:

a nice light like this needs a forward tacticle style switch.

OtherThoughts:

very impressive output.
    the finish is a semi flat black. it is not a slippery feeling paint/finish so it should aid in grip.
    it's the first hugsby light i've bought. i think the build is comparable to romisen..... and i REALLY like romisens.
    reviews need a section where the reviewer can come back at a later date and add updates.
    also would like an involvement level between "expert" and "knows how to use it".
    because that's my status.... i know more than just how to use it, but wouldn't call myself an expert. [yet]

Bottomline:

nice little BRIGHT light.
    worth the price and then some.
    a good light to make a flashaholic out of a non believer.
    if it had a forward click, it would almost replace the rc-g2 as my favorite light.
    i'll see how the finish holds up after a couple weeks of use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections