• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Brightest 1xAA flashlight

posted by neveric on 05/02/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- One of the greatest 1xAA flashlight. Amazing light output for ni-mh and alcaline batteries. Best choise if you don't want to use li-on batteries.
    - Built quality is superb for 14$.
    - Real waterproof.
    - Nice clip.

Cons:

- It's different from batch to batch (see other thoughts).
    - Overview says that P31 has no 14500 support, but... (see "other thoughts").

OtherThoughts:

There is a date print on the tailcap. I bought two P31 flashlights: one last year, one about a mounth ago. And they ARE DIFFERENT.
    The first one (with "3.2010" date mark) is a singlemode version with "0.9-4.2V" inscription on the box. So despite the overview on DX, there should be 144500 support. I don't want to burn the driver checking this, so I can't say anything about 14500 performance in P31.
    My second P31 (with "9.2010" date mark) has 3 modes (hi-lo-strobe)! And lo mode almost the same as hi. So the flashlight works like Hugsby P32, but has P31 label on it. I'm not the first one who get 3-mode version instead of singlemode.
    Also, some people say, that they have 14500-only version (with no ni-mh and alcaline support)!!! This is so bad because P31 has it's good reputation thank to its performance on ni-mh & alcaline batteries.
    And of cource, there is a very first version, that works on ni-mh and alcaline batteries only.
    So the worst thing about this light is that you can't be sure what you get bying this. Just buy and pray for not getting "2.8-15V" version. Hope DX don't sell them anymore.

Bottomline:

Perfect flashlight, but I can't give it 5 out of 5 because of that mess with batches.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections