DX » Community » Reviews » 5*Cree R2 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module (52.7mm*42mm/8.4V Max)
  • 5 star 9 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybear123 on 08/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- bright - single mode - easy to install - decent throw - easily 700+ lumen with 5d maglite - good build quality Cons:- got to manipulate the springs to get them in the right position for a maglite and use something to insulate the positive spring from touching... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysuomesta on 11/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very bright light! Excellent choise for DYI dive light. Cons:Haven't seen any so far OtherThoughts:I'm using this lamp in my dive light and I made this modification to handle 12V voltage: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=272061 It was a bit... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDXaccount007 on 04/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very bright indeed, great stream of light until 200 meters. Very easy DIY Police 6D + 5xCree R2 ! (DX Police 6V - 6xD-cells) Just cut the + spring from 5xcree, enlarged a bit the - spring and done (!) This way, the initial xenon bulb can even be replaced if want... Read more

2 0
  • posted bybierbauchbaer on 02/14/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:-It´s a very bright, easy DIY upgrade for the UF WF-500. -The spot is thight and the spill is also nice. -The tint is a great white. -The effective Range is about 150- 200 meters, -Nice regulation Cons:-The heatsink is to small and the main problem is to get t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfitzie on 01/20/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I got this drop in module for my Ultrafire WF600 xenon torch. It is a cinch to fit as it is nearly exacly the same shape as the xenon assembly, just put some light lube on thread when I screwed it in the head of the torch.This whole process took about 5 minutes and I am... Read more

0 0
  • posted byperoag on 01/09/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:brightest flashlight i ever have after i made it work on a mod 2d mag lite, using 2 18650 batt.Every body at work really noticed the difference and also the brightest flashlight they seen so far. Cons:poor build quality but after reading reviews/tips and forums ,i troub... Read more

0 0
  • posted byunrealspeed on 12/23/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Bought this drop-in because I wanted more power from my magl_ite, after a bit of fiddling I got a flashlight that was much stronger, like 11 times stronger. kicks all other flashlights I have seen. this 5XCree drop-in converts the dark forest to a sunny beach with the h... Read more

2 0
  • posted byinzane747 on 12/22/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:OK... bought this with the idea that I needed to stuff it in my modded 6D mag host. I had the P7 pill in there prior and I wanted more to justify the weight of the beast. THIS IS IT! I know there are better hosts BUT I have my reasons. I mad a subc 6 cell stick that fit... Read more

3 0
  • posted bydatsrboi on 09/16/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Let me say it once.BRIGHT. Okay I will say it again BRIGHT. This little thing is strong and very bright. I used it in my scuba dive light build and it has beaten 1,000 dollar light in brightness all night long. I have had it one hours at a time in the water an... Read more

0 0
  • posted byechotek on 09/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I got this module intending to put it into a mag host. I decided to use the mag for an incandescent mod and ordered SKU# 1317 (Ultrafire WF-500 Xenon Flashlight)as suggested on other reviews, as the host. Wow! This module is brighter than any other light I own... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections