DX » Community » Reviews » 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module w/ 5*Cree R2 (52.7mm*42mm/8.4V Max)
Customer’s impression:
good Maglite is possible. Nice quality
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjsal123 on 03/02/2015

Memory function is good! Well enough built. Yes it can be fitted to Maglite 2D and 4D (3D and the rest), but you need to be able to modify metal. 2D will need a battery upgrade but this is very easy. Maglite mods: 1. If your Mag is old, like 90s, the aluminum "washer" next to the thread needs to... Read more

Maglite 4D, 2D and 3D need some fitting. Maglite 4D, 2D and 3D need some fitting. Maglite 4D, 2D and 3D need some fitting. Maglite 4D, 2D and 3D need some fitting.

Impression:Maglite is possible. Nice quality;

0 0 0

• posted byscramblinglight on 11/16/2014

takes alot to fit maglite,big improment over stock maglite,i read the reviews thats why i bought it,but seems these newer ones have more flood then hotspot ,not very clean beamshot,pulls about 1.5amps on high,over all happy,but think i would try 3 led next time,higher amps also,maybe bettter... Read more

Impression:good;

0 0 0

• posted byTrakTuned on 11/27/2012

Great reflector. Decent leds to give a nice beam. Profile of the beam itself is more uniform than one would expect, for 5 leds collimating in one beam it is amazingly uniform with a fantastic hotspot to boot. Tint is a little cool for my taste, but not really a con. Soldering could be better but... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydusty2 on 07/08/2011

Very bright, well focused, solid, dependable requires modification to fit maglight, Strobe features are useless, Not a true drop in you need to modify it to make it fit If they would change to a thinner solid rim without threads and modify the heat sink a bit it would be the perfect drop in for a... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byseckinb on 01/19/2011

Fits quite well in a WF-500 body. Doesn't flicker, or any contact problems in my sample. Memory works well, stays where you turned it off. Makes a very bright, throwing yet flooding flashlight. Low mode is low and very usable indoors. Nice, clean white light. None I can think of. I would have to... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bySvenC on 01/03/2011

This is a nicely put together module. All 5 cree are sitting nicely in the reflector and the whole package seems well built. I like multi modes though I could do without SOS. 8.4v input is nice. I mounted mine in an old 3d Mag. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you have a lathe. I had to cut... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bywhatnow on 07/18/2010

I don't think there are any brighter modules around. It just plain works. If you manage to fit it in a maglite, it will be like alien technology compared to the old krypton bulb. The mode memory works exactly as it is supposed to. On full power, it gets reall hot after a couple of minutes, never... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byadmacdo on 06/11/2010

Bright, but not 1200 lumen bright. Turn your friends face to white in the middle of the day bright.. A good size to fit into many different hosts. Great throw with quite usable spill. None really that I can think of. The three levels of output would be enough. I could do without the portable and... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byme5647 on 04/30/2010

This is a great drop in module. It is very bright. I'm not sure what other lights it would drop into easily but it does fit with some effort and grinding into a D sized maglight. I will post pics of how I got it to fit when I get a camera. -It stays on whatever brightness you have it set on as as... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter: