DX » Community » Reviews » 5*Cree R2 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White Light Drop-in LED Module (52.7mm*42mm/8.4V Max)
  • 5 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byTrakTuned on 11/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great reflector. Decent leds to give a nice beam. Profile of the beam itself is more uniform than one would expect, for 5 leds collimating in one beam it is amazingly uniform with a fantastic hotspot to boot. Cons:Tint is a little cool for my taste, but not re... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydusty2 on 07/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very bright, well focused, solid, dependable Cons:requires modification to fit maglight, Strobe features are useless, Not a true drop in you need to modify it to make it fit OtherThoughts:If they would change to a thinner solid rim without threads and modify t... Read more

1 0
  • posted byseckinb on 01/19/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Fits quite well in a WF-500 body. Doesn't flicker, or any contact problems in my sample. Memory works well, stays where you turned it off. Makes a very bright, throwing yet flooding flashlight. Low mode is low and very usable indoors. Nice, clean white light.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySvenC on 01/03/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This is a nicely put together module. All 5 cree are sitting nicely in the reflector and the whole package seems well built. I like multi modes though I could do without SOS. 8.4v input is nice. Cons:I mounted mine in an old 3d Mag. I wouldn't recommend trying it unless y... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadmacdo on 06/11/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Bright, but not 1200 lumen bright. Turn your friends face to white in the middle of the day bright.. A good size to fit into many different hosts. Great throw with quite usable spill. Cons:None really that I can think of. The three levels of output would be enough. I co... Read more

0 0
  • posted byme5647 on 04/30/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:This is a great drop in module. It is very bright. I'm not sure what other lights it would drop into easily but it does fit with some effort and grinding into a D sized maglight. I will post pics of how I got it to fit when I get a camera. -It stays on whatever... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections