• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Quality charger, reliable detection of bad cells

posted by zufaelligernick on 11/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Suprisingly it seems really a 100% clone of the Sone BCG-34HRMD which i own for 4 years. Technical Data, housing and PCB are the same. LCD layout (font) is a bit different, symbols are the same.
    - The build quality is good (as you would expect from a Sony-product ;-)
    - it detects "end of live cylcle"-batteries early (before they fail in the field)
    - green backlight goes off at completion of the last charging -> easy to see from distance that it's time to change to the next pairs to charge
    - fast charging (but not insanly ultra-fast)
    - batteries do not get overheated like on ultra-fast chargers
    - light weight and compact
    - no external power supply
    - wide voltage range

Cons:

- no 12V socket for car use

OtherThoughts:

i hate blister packaged which come solid as a anti theft protection. May look nice in shop, but for mail order this is just rediculous when you need nearly the big tools to crush the blister...
    btw: to explain the "early fail detection" described above:
    Every battery has a life time of some 100-1000 cycles, depending on quality and usage conditions. I personally prefer to get warned of a "not so good battery" early to put that one to the recycling bin. I tried some batteries detected as "defective" by the Sony device to continue withother chargers. It took about 5-15 cycles more and then the other chargers detected as well a failed battery or -what i hate most- the batteries failed in the field...

Bottomline:

works ideal for my collection of Sanyo/Eneloops.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections