• 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great for Media Center setups

posted by evilalex on 06/14/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The receiver dongle plugs into the keyboard for when you take it on the road so you don't lose it.

Built in LiPo battery chargeable over USB.

No drivers required! It's recognized as a HID on first insertion and working within seconds.

The keyboard has a power save mode which it enters after 3 min of inactvity. Any key press wakes it up (but movement on the touchpad does not).

It is backlit! This was a nice surprise as I didn't see it in the description of the item. It has white LED backlights and a pleasure to use in complete darkness. The backlight can be toggled via the red star button top left corner. I tend to leave it on as it turns off after 30 sec. When waking up from power save the keyboard remembers the last backlight state, so if it was on, it will turn on again.

It's very light and a good size for those wanting a small keyboard/mouse combo, you wouldn't use this for extended typing, but great for working the basic of your computer from a distance, typing in URLs, switching between apps, etc. To give you an idea, the size of the keyboard alone (not including the touchpad area) is approx the same as an iPhone. All keys are easy to press and have a slight mechanical click for tactile feedback. So if you're good at texting on an iPhone or Blackberry this will be no problem for you, otherwise if you have fat fingers or bad eyesight stay away from this :)

The laser is your typical red laser pointer and has a separate activation switch on the side of the keyboard and away from the top buttons.

Additionally the keyboard has an on/off button so it can be switched completely off, ie when traveling with it. When turning the keyboard on via the on/off switch, it takes not even a second before it syncs with the dongle and sends keystrokes/mouse movement to the PC. When the keyboard is in power save mode, the first key press wakes it up and is usually lost and it takes a couple of seconds for the keyboard to be ready (weird as it's practically instant from power on via the on/off button).

Cons:

Battery might be an issue if you ever need to replace it as it's non removeable, locked inside the keyboard case with torx T5 security screws.

OtherThoughts:

A sharper price would be much appreciated.

Bottomline:

Pretty sweet product overall, I don't regret the money spent on it. It has now permanently replaced the IR remote on my media center PC.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections