Customer’s impression:
Awesome Works great
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Best mini wireless keyboard

posted by jm1jm1 on 07/09/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Build quality is great. Doesn't creak when flexed and keys have good tactile feedback.

- I have a wireless network, wireless alarm system, etc. so a lot of 2.4Ghz devices, so I was initially concerned with potential interference, but this keyboard doesn't interfere with any of them. You can change the channel if there is some interference.

- Excellent backlighting.

- No drivers required for XP and up.

Cons:

These are fairly minor:

- Once you take the USB receiver out of the keyboard, there's a hole in the keyboard where the receiver used to be. Looking inside the hole, I can see a circuit board and other inner workings. If you're using this for a HTPC, it'll be on your couch while you watch TV and you could get bits of popcorn or chips, dust, etc. inside easily plus it ruins the look since it's obvious there's something missing. I took a small piece of black electrical tape and covered it. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to have a cover for this hole.

- Missing function keys F9-F12. Can remedy with key mapping software, but would've been nice to have it, even as Fn+another key.

- Not quite as easy to thumb text/type as a smartphone because your right hand is farther away from the keys than your left due to the touchpad, however, you're not likely to do a lot of typing anyway.

OtherThoughts:

- I don't need the laser, and because my four year old likes to play with my remotes, I have covered up the laser with some electrical tape so that he doesn't blind himself.

Bottomline:

A great keyboard for HTPCs since it's the same size and shape as regular remote controls. Compared to other mini keyboards, it's a lot cheaper than the Logitech Dinovo. I was considering the Lenovo (SKU 35909) but didn't like the unusual form factor and trackball. Probably SKU 32245 would be the closest alternative, but I don't like the smaller keys.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections