Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Build quality is great. Doesn't creak when flexed and keys have good tactile feedback.
- I have a wireless network, wireless alarm system, etc. so a lot of 2.4Ghz devices, so I was initially concerned with potential interference, but this keyboard doesn't interfere with any of them. You can change the channel if there is some interference.
- Excellent backlighting.
- No drivers required for XP and up.
These are fairly minor:
- Once you take the USB receiver out of the keyboard, there's a hole in the keyboard where the receiver used to be. Looking inside the hole, I can see a circuit board and other inner workings. If you're using this for a HTPC, it'll be on your couch while you watch TV and you could get bits of popcorn or chips, dust, etc. inside easily plus it ruins the look since it's obvious there's something missing. I took a small piece of black electrical tape and covered it. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to have a cover for this hole.
- Missing function keys F9-F12. Can remedy with key mapping software, but would've been nice to have it, even as Fn+another key.
- Not quite as easy to thumb text/type as a smartphone because your right hand is farther away from the keys than your left due to the touchpad, however, you're not likely to do a lot of typing anyway.
- I don't need the laser, and because my four year old likes to play with my remotes, I have covered up the laser with some electrical tape so that he doesn't blind himself.
A great keyboard for HTPCs since it's the same size and shape as regular remote controls. Compared to other mini keyboards, it's a lot cheaper than the Logitech Dinovo. I was considering the Lenovo (SKU 35909) but didn't like the unusual form factor and trackball. Probably SKU 32245 would be the closest alternative, but I don't like the smaller keys.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.