DX » Community » Reviews » Rii RT-MWK01 Handheld Rechargeable 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard with TrackPad and Red Laser
  • 5 star 100 ( 77% )
  • 4 star 27 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Wicked small

posted by opencircut on 08/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's dam small, about the size of you every day TV remote. Has a long battery life. Back-lit when you need it. Cat remote aka laser is not needed but fun to use. Range is decent with little to no cut off at about 10ft, note I have my receiver behind a lot of electronics.

Cons:

No scroll wheel or software to turn on scrolling with touch pad, not that it would be easy to use. The touch pad is not thumb friendly, I've been sticking to my index. Only 8 F keys, good bye full screen short cut. Also there is a hole left behind when you remove the receiver to plug in to the PC.

OtherThoughts:

Things that would have made this better. Adding a scroll wheel or toggle of some sort to the top left edge. Raise the depth of the touch pad to be flush with the device, that would allow your thumb to work better. Include software to tweak, add scroll functions to touch pad. Add a flap or plug for the hole that's left open when the receivers out.

Bottomline:

It takes a lot getting used to for mouse controls but its much faster then my last unit. If I had to buy it again, sure I would.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections