Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good enough

posted by silviumc on 06/02/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- it's a type of product that I couldn't find at brand manufacturers
    - it starts recording when it gets power, that is you connect it to the cigarette adapter or when you start the car
    - it stops recording and shuts down properly when you disconnect it from power or you stop the car
    - it deletes old files by itself
    - resolution range is good enough, the H.264 codec is widely used, at this time, at least
    - microfone is good

Cons:

- biggest con: sometimes it stops recording out of the blue. It's not often, it happened only once in a week, but that unreliability could hit at the worst possible time. You have to look at the screen from time to time and check the red dot to make sure it's still recording
    - you can only distinguish the license plates of cars that are 2-3 metres in front of you and aren't moving fast. You can't adjust the codec settings for better quality.
    - interface is unintuitive, you have to read the bad English manual to be able to operate the device; the [Up], [Down] buttons are reversed. However, once you got it and set it up as you like, there's no reason to access the interface anymore. If you need the files, just pop out the SD card.

Bottomline:

I feel better with this camera on board.
    If there were brand-name alternatives I would have considered them, but it seems there aren't any, at this time.
    Overall, it does the job.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections