There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• few seconds lost between each file

posted by katasy on 10/01/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

disclaimer: bought this unit to be placed in car to record day to day driving.. to prevent inflated accident claims or accidents caused by reckless drivers
    - value for money
    - build quality is good
    - video quality is excellent as long as there are sufficient light, even during a rainy day
    - recording starts automatically when ignition is turned on, and off when ignition is turned off
    - 2.5" screen is very useful when adjusting angle to ensure that the desired angles are covered
    - wide angle lens covers the entire bonnet width and can record lane markings clearly (in case a car cuts into your lane abruptly)

Cons:

there is only one con i have detected in this camera - the recording!
    i looked through the SD card to find that few seconds are LOST between each file, and the range is between 4sec to 7sec. THIS IS WORRYING. these lost seconds can be the critical moments when accidents happen..!!
    real encounter: i almost got into an accident as another car abruptly cuts into my lane and jams brake and IT WAS NOT RECORDED, LOST IN THE SECONDS BETWEEN 2 FILES!!! i was lucky that i could stop in time to avoid the accident, else i'll have NO VIDEO TO PROVIDE AS EVIDENCE!!!!! (over here, the vehicle hitting from the rear pays for all repair costs involved in a front-rear accident) and it doesn't make sense cos i have a camera that's suppose to be there to prove that the other vehicle changed lane without due care of mine and gave me to time to react. i cannot accept that the camera, which is suppose to prove my innocence failed on me at that critical moment
    its not that reliable if u are intending to use this camera for the same purpose as mine.
    p.s. i'm using a Sandisk 4GB SDHC Card

OtherThoughts:

its excellent as a whole, but the only flaw is its failure. i cannot imagine if i hit that car and had no video evidence that it was clearly the driver infront that caused the accident! the reliability is a HUGE concern

Bottomline:

buy it if you're not using it as a vehicle camera for the same purpose as mine. now i'm looking for another camera which is more reliable, not losing seconds of recording between each file!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections