DX » Community » Reviews » High Power 1000mW 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle
  • 5 star 23 ( 79% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good Performance

posted by SATMASTER119 on 09/28/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This is a good quality device. Pulls in good signal strength and retains stable connections.

Device build quality is solid, and comes with integrated clip which is very handy for hanging off your laptop or panel monitor.

Signal strength is very good with respect to pulling in distant WIFI access points

Cons:

Comparing price to performance of other wifi devices (ie: SKU 33188) the performance isn't quite there. I have some further testing to do but suspect the hardware is probably virtually identical with the exception of the antenna.

The provided non-directional antenna I do not believe has the gain of the one provided in the other sku. I attached the SKU:37185 directional antenna and immediately got better performance. This leads me to believe the antenna not the device is lacking.

OtherThoughts:

Overall a solid performer, and when coupled with other antennas such as SKU:37185 or SKU:33016 you'll see a serious marked performance increase of this device.

This product claims to be a 1000mw device. Given that I don't believe you can pull that kind of current out of a standard USB port I do question this rating, however, I do not have any data to back this up. Just an observation.

Bottomline:

Overall a solid product, although better value could be had by purchasing the SKU:33188. Out of the box, this is a good performer and is recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections