Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Long range wireless routers detection
- Easy to use (Windows + Linux)
- Support injection and other features usefuls for auditing wireless networks
- Chipset Realtek RTL8187, wich is "famous" for being a bit cheater when showing signal strengh of wireless networks. It will show 5/5 o 4/5 green bars of signal on many networks, but when connecting to them the bandwidth speed will be slow as hell
- It's unstable, even if you uses to connect to your home wireless network, you will see that speed decreases with no reason, and this won't happend with a "normal" wifi adapter (i tested this with 2 laptops and both had better speed results in speed tests than the PC using this adapter, and they all were in the same place)
Conclussion: Nice and cheap for auditing wireless networks, bad for home use to connect to your home wifi network.
If wanting something more stable, then i suggest to buy an adapter with atheros chipset.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.