DX » Community » Reviews » Nikon EL9 Compatible 1200mAh Battery Pack for Nikon EL9
  • 5 star 7 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works on D5000

posted by despista2 on 05/13/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Well packaged, the blister is safe enough.

Fits the D5000 perfectly.

Seems to last close to the original one.

Very inexpensive if compared with the original thing.

Cons:

Doesn´t come with the plastic protective cover, I have rated the build quality as 4 due to this, otherwise the build quality seems to be fine. Not a big con since I have the cover of the original one and one battery is always in the camera, so actually I don´t need another cover

OtherThoughts:

Altough the direct replacement battery for D5000 is the EN-EL9A you can read at the usage manual that EN-EL9 can be used as well. In fact the only significant difference between both models is the nominal voltage (7.2V vs 7.4V) however the voltage in fully charged condition is just the same on both batteries (8.4V)

Arrived in almost full charge condition (about 8V). Would be better if in storage charge condition (about 7.4V), but always better a bit too high than a bit too low.

Bottomline:

I will do a capacity comparison test once stabilized the cells. Will post the results.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections