DX » Community » Reviews » Replacement 3.7V Lithium Polymer Rechargeable Battery with Tools for Iphone 3gs
  • 5 star 5 ( 31% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 62% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It prolongs the service life of my 3GS.

posted by KKTaylor on 03/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The battery life of my 3GS was getting shorter by the month. Towards the end of 2010, it would power off whenever I tried to use the GPS, camera or even sms!

This is the first time I've ordered something from dealextreme. The battery came after 3 weeks. I installed the new battery with instructions from you-tube & ifixit.com, prayed for it to work, and it did!

I could have got a replacement in Singapore for US$32, but prefer to do it myself as I'm a DIY guy.

I'm a casual phone user. My 3GS now has 2 days standby time, and does not power off when I using GPS, etc.

Thanks DE. I'm a grateful customer.

Cons:

I could not use the iphone camera after assembly. Suspect that the camera connectors are dirty or not connected properly. I will dismantle it another day to fix this problem, but in the meantime, the 3GS is serving me very well.

OtherThoughts:

When assembling the 3GS, all the cable conectors will snap in place. Do not use force or else the connectors will deform and you iphone will lost some functions. Press the connectors with light finger pressure instead.

Bottomline:

You need to be a little tech savvy in order to replace this battery yourself. If not, just upgrade to iphone 4.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections