DX » Community » Reviews » BT Interphone + Handsfree Bluetooth for Motorcycle and Skiing Helmet (5-Hour Talk/200-Hour Standby)
  • 5 star 14 ( 52% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 44% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great deal for the price (compared to branded altenatives)

posted by Metis on 07/02/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Easy to install, the battery lasts for a long time (not measured yet), it works just as expected. AD2P works well (but it takes a little time to respond to commands -play, pause...-, like a second or so). Unbeatable price compared to branded alternatives (search for the price on a Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Pro, with same features). Radio reception is bad, but not as terrible as in Cardo Scala Rider Q2 :-) Also for you hackers out there, it has a (sort of) SKU 80711 inside!! (with modified firmware, I guess). If it were to fail during a ride (who knows), it's very easy to unlock it to disconnect the mic and speakers.

Cons:

Not a Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Pro clone, circuitry is very different. It doesn't pair with Scala Rider for intercom. Materials aren't the best ones, mine came with some slight cracks on the plastic housing, but this don't affect operation nor weatherproofing. Max volume isn't too loud (if your engine is loud it may be annoying). Switching it on and off may be difficult without seeing the leds (it beeps but it doesn't help very much).

OtherThoughts:

I didn't test its range in intercom mode, but I seriously doubt it will communicate at 100m. Little wire hanging out the enclosure is the antenna for bluetooth. I would improve the amp for the speakers (so it could be louder) and the firmware (so it could be paired with Cardo intercoms).

Bottomline:

Buy this if you want to ride while listening to music or answering telephone calls. Also if you want to talk with a passenger or if you are a lonely rider who wants to rock the road :-) If you want this for the radio or if your friends have Cardo intercoms, look for an alternative.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections