Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cool Idea!

posted by deallover on 11/07/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Novice (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Wow, what a great idea! This thing feels nice, like a quality pen (not sure how well it writes over the long haul). The recordings were good and getting the recordings onto my computer (Mac) was easy. Go USB.

I could see just carrying the parts separately too, if I was really trying to travel light.

FM Radio mode...cool! Maybe good emergency device?

Cons:

The menu would become familiar with regular use ... you basically push a few different buttons to change mode but this is only indicated by a flashing/solid combination of blue/green LEDs. Read the instructions and practice a few times and you'll see how it works... I haven't used it frequently enough to memorize the sequence so...

Price is decent -- it feels like a solid device... if I used it more I could see justifying the price but I could also see dropping it down by half. So who knows.

Bottomline:

Great device if you need a voice recorder and like gadgets... I think it would do a good job in a lot of scenarios... as it is, I have been tending to use voice recorders on my iPhone. Although these are not without their flaws, it's easier to see what I'm doing to navigate the flaws. With this pen recorder, it's not buggy, you just have to learn how to use it before you use it ;)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections