Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byMalaguita on 02/24/2014

It is easy to place it on motherboard. Very small (I hardly had place in my computer and I could place it with no problems). Gets more speed than my USB 2.0 (from 25mb/s to 40-45mb/s). The CD was great, I received it without scratches and although it is smaller than normal cd, I could install it. I expected more speed. I have an external hard drive ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymatiasvt on 12/03/2013

-usb 3.0! Fast transfers everywhere! -Super easy to install and set up. -Quite small -Good quallity -Blue ports are gorgeous. I couldn't find any. If you want a few usb 3.0 ports buy this one. Best price in the whole market. You get what it says. Usb 3.0 interface. High transfer speed. Nice product. Even a non IT user could set it up and install it.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKoni73 on 11/02/2013

It is working very well with my 1 Tb external Seagate drive. The speed is much better compared to the speed of USB 2.0. It is a small card, does not take much space in computer case. It is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1. The install was really easy under Windows 7, I had no problems. None until now. I wanted to make backup about my 1 Tb Seagate ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFutyMax on 08/31/2013

It seems to be a very good USB card, for a such a low price. My card-reader is a bit faster than in USB2, even taking into account that I was using a Class 6 SD card. None except packing. The driver's disc came in 2 pieces, and Windows 7 x64 couldn't find any drivers for me. So I googled 5 minutes and i ended up with this page (http://www.downdrivers.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLurker0 on 08/31/2013

+ Installed under WinXP SP3 with no problems at all. Previously had a lot of problems with VIA-based card, tried all the driver versions, but didn't find 100% working combination. - Had to install a power extension cable especially for this board: MOLEX would be more appropriate today than a connector for floppy drives. - The chip maker (NEC/Renesas)... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoked on 07/19/2013

it has the NEC chipset. supported automatically by most Linux kernels out there (which is what I was looking for , since my Ubuntu 12 had many problems with motherboard's USB connectors). Plug and play. no drivers required (also in Win7). it has only 2 ports. I would expect 4 but for the price - its fair. eventhough its USB3 and I got an external SSD ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBooga on 06/14/2013

Compact card, small footprint. Works well with older USB 2.0 devices as well as USB 3.0 - good speeds all round. Very cheap too! The CD was protected by nothing but a flimsy plastic bag, it was scratched so much when I received it that my computer couldn't read it. Luckily Windows 7 64bit didn't seem to need any extra drivers. I don't know why it needs ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byarmy113 on 06/13/2013

Card works as it should, tested with USB 2.0 and 3.0, gets same speeds with external hard drive as built-in 3.0 port on laptop. Works out of the box with Windows 8. None that I can think of, except that the box was a bit smashed, but that is more likely the post office's fault. Great for upgrading older PC's that don't have USB 3.0 and have a spare ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKreator99 on 04/15/2013

It was very easy to install it under linux. Just plug the card into the server and it started working withous a single problem. No driver needed in Linux. It needs extra power wich is drawed from the floppy drive. My server didn't have this kind of connector so I had to borrow one. A small inconvenience but with an easy solution. Power connector could ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybignotto on 04/07/2013

Just installed the drivers that came on the mini cd and it started working! Installed on a Windows 7 64 bit. It came with a short blue usb cable that is a slightly thicker than the regular one. Much faster than the regular usb 2.0 ports. It may not achive the highest speed, but it is still faster than the usb 2.0 ports. Maybe 2 ports are too few. I ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections