DX » Community » Reviews » 802.11g 54Mbps High Power 1000mW USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle
  • 5 star 17 ( 65% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 8% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great purchase

posted by darrkon on 08/08/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Arrived quickly

-Works as advertised

-AMAZINGLY POWERFUL (picks up so many networks even around my house)

-Supported by all the major wifi tools

Cons:

-Did not come with double sided suction cup as pictured (and these are really hard to find for sale)

-Probably not practical as a replacement wifi adapter on a netbook as it is a fair size.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this after reading the reviews and having problems with my netbook being unable to connect to my wifi network from outside of the room where the access point is. After installing this card, I can connect to my wifi point from down the street.

The build quality all seems really solid and installation is fairly simple, some more english instructions would be nice, but its nothing you cant figure out yourself.

This also got me interested in how wifi security works.. and I have learned a bit now!

Bottomline:

A great product, buy it for awesome wifi reception! I am ordering a directional antenna to use with it as well.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections