Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good product

posted by nachprod on 01/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very convenient small weighting hook.
    Mine is really precise to 5/10 g (checked with scientific scales).
    Nice backlight and overall looks good.
    The hook folds neatly in the recession at the back of the device.
    Cheap as stray compared to what's available in Russia.

Cons:

May a bit too small to weight thing over 15 kg - hard to hold it (better hang it in this situation). (There is an another model, only for 20 kg, which is much bigger and handier.)
    The build quality is OK, but if you hold it by the case and weight somethnig over 15 rg, it's possible to smash it (i.e. it's not as bomber as you would expect from a 45 kg weighting hook).
    The screen is a bit odd: if you look at it at any angle more than 10 grad it is hard to read the numbers. Again that is not too good if you're weighting something heavy by hand (i.e. the device will be low and you won't see the nnumbers)

OtherThoughts:

They could just make it bigger.
    Included batteries are probably not the best ones, but that's not really important.
    Things weighting less then 30-50 g are better weighed with something else (such as a platform kitchen scale, also some great products available here).

Bottomline:

A very good, stylish, compact and useful device. I like it very much and would recommend to get one if you really want to weight heavy things.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections