DX » Community » Reviews » Chinese Traditional Handcrafted Bamboo Flute (E-Key)
  • 5 star 7 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byPieille on 04/14/2014

This is an absolutely beautiful instrument! I was not sure if I would buy it to play or only to display... but for display, it is a marvel :o) As it is shipped with its dimo, you can look on YouTube how to apply it (e.g. http://youtu.be/nEwycxCti5s) There is no "how to" guide delivered with the instruments. This being said, there is plenty ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byElmar69 on 11/27/2013

Beautiful made bamboo flute - No 'glue' to apply the dimo (rice paper). - tape used for transport leaves glue on the pouch After some searching I found a site (dx didn't have it) for the real 'glue'. So you can use this flute to play or it is a nice decor piece. As I'm learning to play a (metal) flute, I ordered this as an add-on to play something else.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysarahjoy on 08/22/2013

Good quality instrument, for a good price. It plays very well, with lovely mellow tone. It comes apart into two pieces, so you can tune it and adjust the angle of the blowing hole. It is wrapped around with thread and capped at the ends to prevent the bamboo from cracking and prolong the life of the flute. There are no splinters in the wood, and the ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bycantu57 on 06/10/2013

It's a beautiful piece, very well made, nice feel. Musical instruments of this quality for this price are rare. This one exceeded my expectations. I like the feel in my hands, it's heft and it's look. I have to learn to play it. Always wanted to play the flute, this type seemed like the most appealing to me. I am getting some coherent sound from it ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bychielaudio on 04/24/2013

Very nice quality product, especially considering the decent price tag. Good looks, good feel, nice sound. Excellent delivery time. This is not an instrument that will be very easy to master (if you would consider this a con, some might also want to see this as a challenge :) Looking at the other flutes on offer this would make a nice collection, both ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bypreco on 03/30/2013

Nice looking, very nice finishing, all the holes are perfectly made, without splinters; The price is very low, similar products in my country are way more expensive It didn't come with a manual or, at least, conservation instructions (since it is a delicate item) It could have a little manual, with the finger positions for the right notes, and conservation ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bymjmazur on 01/02/2013

I bought this as a present and was quite excited to actually see it. It's a well-crafted instrument that not only looks good but sounds good as well. For the price, it really can't be beat. Although my wife has no problem playing, I must admit that I have troubles getting much sound out of it. Maybe it's my 'fat' lips. With a bit more practice, I don'... Read more

1 0
  • posted byflautose on 09/27/2011

It's a good instrument as it's working. It's also good looking. The dimo comes in a little card, tha has a lot of bamboo paper, as you can cut it small pieces to fit the membrane hole. It's hard to set the dimo in place, I do already play many different kind of flutes, so it was easy to play, but hard to go in tune as I had to use homemade glue in order ... Read more

3 0
  • posted bygiorgosp92 on 08/02/2010

The build quality is great. As if you bought a very expensive product. The sound is natural which for me is the best thing about this product. Isn't really a con about the flute itself but is very difficult to play. But that's something that everybody says about chinese flutes. I din't really expected to find this on so low price despite i 've searched ... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections