Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not quite in tune, but good nonetheless.

posted by flautose on 09/27/2011
    3 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's a good instrument as it's working. It's also good looking.

The dimo comes in a little card, tha has a lot of bamboo paper, as you can cut it small pieces to fit the membrane hole.

Cons:

It's hard to set the dimo in place, I do already play many different kind of flutes, so it was easy to play, but hard to go in tune as I had to use homemade glue in order to get a better result.

You might check on the net about how to make it, but even so the best for me was PVA glue, yes, school glue, but it has to be quite concentrated as water will break the membrane apart.

OtherThoughts:

A good buy, but it came in a mail envelope! I was afraid it was broken, but for my fortune it was not, just try to keep it clean as the bamboo is quite fragile. If there's any cracks you might check the net to fix those, there are many methods available.

Bottomline:

I love flutes, and you might put in on tune by changing embouchure or by using a tuner and stretching or covering the holes with duct tape, beeswax or similar.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections