DX » Community » Reviews » MG996R Metal Gear Digital Torque Servos with Gears and Parts
Customer’s impression:
Quality
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byRoboticistMark0 on 11/20/2014

Good build, solid metal gears with thick cable and good plugs, too heavy for aero use but perfect for my robot picking project Read more

Impression:Quality;

0 0 0

• posted byatsa1 on 10/27/2013

Very good quality and High torque. Can move quite heavy loads. Metal gears can bare lot of stress and work time. Case material and finish looks very good. Not suitable for planes because of weight. Cars and other project are go! Haven't found. Quite power hungry. For testing i used 9v dc ~850mA and 7... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bylior.okman on 09/13/2013

This is a standard servo, which was very easy to assemble into my RC car. Performs reasonably well, nice torque, and nice response time. Not as precise as I would like. There is some (slight) overshoot on the servo arm, and then a recovery. Considering the low cost, I haven't found any significant cons ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byAllgoodnameRgon on 05/04/2013

I can recognize a good serv when I see one. This is one. I is well built, with metal gears, and strong enough to move quite heavy stuff. The control is also quite precise. You can really set it to a given angle and it'll stay there. Having a servo with all the gears and all like this one makes it really ... Read more

1 0 2

• posted byptavasci on 11/04/2012

Strong, almost excellent precision, lightweight (for me). Nice quality of inner components. Many accessories to play with. Great speed and torque. Might be heavy if you plan on using it on an airplane. I've notices some jittering but I corrected it by setting up different angle movements in Arduino source ... Read more

1 0 2

• posted byFLYINGVECTORS on 10/15/2012

-Really high torque. -Good speed. -Nice finished. -All the accessories needed. -Metal gearbox. -Good Price/Performance. -Not as smooth as others (Like hitec/futaba). -If precision needed a calibration must be done (well, in all servos is needed). -I have observed a little jitter, almost imperceptible ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bydeadcow on 07/06/2012

Strong servo. Moves fast and quick response. it has some overshot (when it changes arm position, the arm moves slightly OVER the required position and quickly moves back. If you plan to use on ailerons or elevators, better forget. Heavy. Have a missing rubber (received 3 instead of 4, but the picture ... Read more

1 0 1

• posted byalbertormjr on 12/07/2010

Faster, strong and accurate than MG995 Good build quality Quiet and silent servo Works great Maybe could cost a little less... =] Plug and play, take out the older servo and put this in the place I use on my nitro buggy 1/8 for stering and throttle, the handle is fast and precise, the throttle\brake ... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections