Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great product

posted by chinwah on 02/15/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Its good and sturdy. Look wise it can easily be pass off as a more expensive model. So far it appears to be measuring temperature quite accurately. Its ability to measure a wide range of temperature makes it a good tool to measure anything from the freezer section of your fridge to your computer CPU to your oven and finally the tip of a soldering iron. The laser finder allows you to check the temp of your Xbox360 heatsink without opening the case. A good tool to check if your console is overheating.

Cons:

Theer is no user manual. One is expected to know how to use it just by playing around with the buttons. Without a proper manual, one might just miss some of the key features or not fully use all the features. E.g. Does it have a power off function. Does it allow you to stored the last recorded temperature? There is some kind of connector inside the battery compartment, what is it for?

Bottomline:

This model costs US10 more than the other products listed on DX. I have not used the other products, but this one appears to offer more features e.g. minimum and maximum temperature, average temperature and spot temperature. Though its stated that its temperature range is from -20C to 530C, it appears to be able measure temperature below -20C when I used it to measure my freezer.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections