DX » Community » Reviews » 3-Pin PC Cooling Fan Speed/Noise Reduction Cable (5-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 9 ( 82% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byandoan on 12/19/2013

This cooling fan speed reduction cable is very useful. I'm using it to lower the speed of the noisy exhausted fan in the back of my Nortel Contivity 600 device. It works as expected. None that I can think of. This cable reduces the noise by lowering the voltage. Therefore, you must test the temperature very carefully before attaching it permanently ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySkaterSPB on 05/19/2013

Ready-made solution to slow down the fans! Very convenient to use, set and forget. Work for more than 6 months. Strong heating I had not noticed ... Price can not but rejoice! Connection seems very flimsy, poorly kept. It is a pity that in the package are only 3pin connection, it would be good to put a package of different cables to 3pin and 4pin. I ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykiwijunglist on 03/28/2013

Extremely Cheap, that's 40 cents per resistor. Resistors are very easy to install. You might have to move or bend the pins a little if they are not aligned correctly You will need to use two or three of these resisters per fan, depending on how much you want to lower the speed of the fan. I use 2 of them on my HTPC per fan. Buy two sets so resistors,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDanteAlu on 03/02/2013

Love it! A bit tricky ti plug for the first time but its good! its 51om + - 5%! Its too week for me =/ The fan is still pretty fast... I connected 2 of these and fun just stop spinning! So i need something more than 50 om and less than 100! xD If you need it then buy it! It's really good, i actually learned how to do one from these) ----------------... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypirateG51 on 01/12/2013

Ok so here are the pros: 1. The 3-pin speed reduction cable is cheap and it does what it says. 2. It looks nice (atleast to me). Now the cons: 1. Like the most cheap products - the build quality. The actual quality is good, but those 3 pins are moving when you move the cables so you will need to adjust them when you are connecting the cable, but once ... Read more

how it looks like and size connectors
    0 0
  • posted byXpanD on 12/06/2012

A while ago I found myself in need of some fan adapters, and ended up buying a bunch of 9.5v adapters in a local shop. Those cost me 2 euros each (!), and came with white connectors and a tiny sleeve over the resistor with nothing else being covered - pretty poor quality for the price back then, all things considered. They were also way too long for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycoq509 on 08/04/2012

Works as expected. Some branded product of this kind (for example, "Z" maker or "O" maker) costs much more expensive by 5 ~ 10 times. One of the set of five was broken, but this is not a big problem, considering its price. this one is for non-PWM fan. however, you can make one for PWM fans easily using this and sku58086. fans for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDecatro on 11/21/2010

+ High to medium quality components i believe, other than the pins that you might have to angle just a little bit before you insert your fan in there. + No naked components, it's all protected by shrinkable rubber tubes. + If you need to lower the fan speed some more, just stack them until you're satesfied + It's a MUST if you want a quiet pc with no ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byromaneth on 11/15/2010

These make my fans quieter - YES - but for 80mm fans airflow drop was critical. Fans are virtually useless now and one of three 12v fans I used them on didn't start at all... I would recommend other - regulated solutions for fan speed adjusting. nothing that I'd think of for the price given. you have the whole bunch of resistors for very little price ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byblacklung000 on 08/04/2010

Works perfectly - slows down 3pin fans that mornally can't be controlled 40c each!! Good for making you HTPC (or even your normal PC) a little bit quieter no cons - these are great This could be done easily if you are confident with your electronics - or do a bit of googling. For $2 i have no problems buying these simply for the ease of it. If you have ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections