DX » Community » Reviews » 3-Pin PC Cooling Fan Speed/Noise Reduction Cable (5-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 8 ( 80% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bySkaterSPB on 05/19/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Ready-made solution to slow down the fans! Very convenient to use, set and forget. Work for more than 6 months. Strong heating I had not noticed ... Price can not but rejoice! Cons:Connection seems very flimsy, poorly kept. It is a pity that in the package are... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykiwijunglist on 03/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Extremely Cheap, that's 40 cents per resistor. Resistors are very easy to install. Cons:You might have to move or bend the pins a little if they are not aligned correctly OtherThoughts:You will need to use two or three of these resisters per fan, depending on... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDanteAlu on 03/02/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Love it! A bit tricky ti plug for the first time but its good! Cons:its 51om + - 5%! Its too week for me =/ The fan is still pretty fast... I connected 2 of these and fun just stop spinning! So i need something more than 50 om and less than 100! xD OtherThough... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypirateG51 on 01/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Ok so here are the pros: 1. The 3-pin speed reduction cable is cheap and it does what it says. 2. It looks nice (atleast to me). Cons:Now the cons: 1. Like the most cheap products - the build quality. The actual quality is good, but those 3 pins are moving whe... Read more

how it looks like and size connectors
    0 0
  • posted byXpanD on 12/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:A while ago I found myself in need of some fan adapters, and ended up buying a bunch of 9.5v adapters in a local shop. Those cost me 2 euros each (!), and came with white connectors and a tiny sleeve over the resistor with nothing else being covered - pretty p... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycoq509 on 08/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works as expected. Some branded product of this kind (for example, "Z" maker or "O" maker) costs much more expensive by 5 ~ 10 times. Cons:One of the set of five was broken, but this is not a big problem, considering its price. OtherThoughts:... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDecatro on 11/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:+ High to medium quality components i believe, other than the pins that you might have to angle just a little bit before you insert your fan in there. + No naked components, it's all protected by shrinkable rubber tubes. + If you need to lower the fan speed some... Read more

0 0
  • posted byromaneth on 11/15/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:These make my fans quieter - YES - but for 80mm fans airflow drop was critical. Fans are virtually useless now and one of three 12v fans I used them on didn't start at all... I would recommend other - regulated solutions for fan speed adjusting. Cons:nothing tha... Read more

0 0
  • posted byblacklung000 on 08/04/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works perfectly - slows down 3pin fans that mornally can't be controlled 40c each!! Good for making you HTPC (or even your normal PC) a little bit quieter Cons:no cons - these are great OtherThoughts:This could be done easily if you are confident with your elect... Read more

1 0
  • posted bylegendofpedro on 05/22/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:These cables contain a 56 Ohm resistor, which will cause most standard fans (0.33A/4W rated) to run at about 9v. This makes them a fair bit quieter, but they still move a good amount of air. It's nice to be able to slow down fans, while running them faster than... Read more

5 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections