Customer’s impression:
Awesome
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nifty light for the North American market!

posted by k0nundrum on 05/31/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This light fits E26 sockets without any problem and functions on 120v 60Hz without any flicker. It is actually quite bright considering. How bright is it? I replaced a 40 Watt bulb in the bathroom for a test and it was actually ok. Thats saying something for an LED bulb.

Cons:

The package. Normally this wouldn't matter but I actually planned to sell them at my retail store. It came in a crushed plain torn cardboard box.

OtherThoughts:

The description doesn't mention this, but it is actually quite important. When you screw it in, there is obviously a 'flat side'. This can be adjusted by tightening the bulb and then turning the 'head' back part of a turn so the light faces the correct direction. The bulb is designed for a desk lamp I think, and that would explain the swivel.

Bottomline:

Overall, I have seen more expensive products with less value. If you need directional light, this is what you should use. They could probably be used as 'wall washers' if the were mounted in the right fixture.
    I will post again after i have run it for awhile, but the build quality seems quite good so I should get a decent amount of life out of it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections