• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great light for the money.

posted by stevelines on 06/02/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Multi-Mode Thumb Button (with memory)

Wide spill on Crees - fantastic peripheral view using this unit.

Good spot on P7

Minimal heat buildup during rides.

Lasts about 2 hours on full charge at Maximum output.

The GREEN 100% - BLUE 75% - YELLOW 50% - RED 25% - lighted thumb button helps the confidence level when you are far from home.

Cons:

Bar Mount is weak for anyone riding off road. This light will vibrate alot on down-hill runs.

The silicone O-Rings are versatile, but not effective for mountain biking. Don't get me wrong - it holds on just fine, but I like my equipment to fasten rock solid.

Lumens are over rated - more like 900 (Based on all the lights I own)

OtherThoughts:

There is alot of discussion on BB's and Forums about the build quality of this unit. I am no engineer, but I have built and modded a number of light systems for my 24 hour solo rides. I push all my equipment to the max, This one is holding up just fine after a fair bit of use.

Bottomline:

This is a great bar mount light for filling in the corners of your vision and lighting the ground right in front of your wheel. I would not use it alone, nor as a helmet light; but rather in combination with a high power, narrow beam, helmet light. It is just what I have been looking for.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections