Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Amazing!

posted by avk75 on 06/18/2010
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-separate units for short and far lights each designed to best serve its main purpose, i.e. short light can't be used for bringing remote objects out of the darkness but CREEs at 100% output put out so much light expanding to both sides of your vision that no other light is necessary; far light torch is designed to reach remote objects, still much less effective for close range viewing.

-unlike other bicycle lights dissipating lenses are employed with short light Crees providing for unprecedented spill

-very convenient command LED thumb button enlighted depending on battery charge level (Green – full charge, Blue – 75%, Yellow – 50%, Red – 25%)

- command button (clicky type) is used for switching between 4 modes- short light ON, far light ON, both short and far lights ON, all lights OFF- and stepless brightness control (engaged by command button pressed for more than 1,5 seconds in either lighting mode but OFF mode) - easy and pretty straightforward feature

-constant current ensured by LI-ION battery provides for constant brightness even when the battery power is down below 25%.

- rubber ring mount – nice feature to remove your light quickly when you intend to leave your bike unattended for a while, also makes it easy to adjust short and far light angles when you switch between the modes.

Cons:

-no way to adjust far and short lights but to do it manually every time you switch between short and far lights – I was really upset with this inconvenience first.

-rubber ring mount won’t keep your light steady on cross coutry rides. Though good for city and park rides, will shake vigorously when you go off road even when you use the smallest rubber ring mount enclosed with the kit.

OtherThoughts:

Be cautious with the light in crowed places – pointing the light to people walking in your direction can drive them crazy.

Bottomline:

I tried several lights for which I spent nearly the same price as for Magicshine, all of them together are nothing compared to the MAGICSHINE alone. This light turns night to day for hours and gives me confidence to ride wherever I want and as fast as I can. My advice to those split between saving some bucks on a cheaper light and scraping up some extra bucks for Magicshine is to cast away any doubts and order Magicshine. You will love it for sure!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections