DX » Community » Reviews » TrustFire ST-50 SST-50 5-Mode 1300-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight (2*18650)
  • 5 star 13 ( 76% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Decent flashlight!

posted by Ohung on 12/01/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Fairly decent build quality...anodization quality could use some work (i.e. some flecks of aluminum showing).
    - LED is thermal pasted (what some might consider somewhat excessively) to the heavy brass pill.

Cons:

- LED is ever so slightly off-center...definitely user fixable as the LED is screwed in. It'd probably be a MASSIVE pain to fix the fraction of a millimeter it is off by though.
    - O-Rings are not "tight". I *think* (and I emphasize "I THINK" cause I'm not an expert/haven't seen a lot of other lights), that the O-Rings aren't quite "thick" enough to cause a nice tight seal. I might try picking up some other ones to test it out.
    - Minor inclusions/irregularities at transition between hot spot and "cool" area flood. Not bad enough to whine about though.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Good light. I bought some "flame label" (why would someone put flames on a battery label...not exactly confidence inspiring!) Trustfire batteries to use with it which are apparently the best batteries on DX. I'll do some further testing to measure current draw and the like.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections