DX » Community » Reviews » Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA)
  • 5 star 138 ( 79% )
  • 4 star 34 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice bright light

posted by Herc326 on 11/26/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Very bright light when compared to other lights I have this size.  The Minimag(2AA) upgraded with the Terralux MiniStar 2 and new batteries looks very dim next to this light.  The fit and finish looks great, all threads and the lens has O rings, nothing glued, and I really like the one handed tailcap switch.   This is the black version with what I would call a OP reflector.  It definitely does not have a smooth, slick finish like the reflectors on my other lights.  It is a very deep reflector with a tight hot spot and a wide, useable spill.  

Cons:

This light has very good throw but I would like a brighter spill at the cost of throw.  At a distance of 20 feet the hot spot is approximately 20 inches wide and spill is about 18 feet wide.  Not really a con as I have hiked many miles through rough terrain at night with worse(Impact II).

OtherThoughts:

The description said this light was a little over 4 inches long.  The pictures did not help me visualize this so I was surprised how small it is.  Makes the brightness of this light with one AA even more of a surprise.

Bottomline:

This is my first anything from DX.  Nice light, especially at this price.  I would buy again based on my first impression.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections