Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Romisen RC-G2 Gray

posted by FrontRanger on 12/17/2007
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1. For the price, I'm simply amazed at the high level of quality.
    2. Given the overall size of the light, the reflector is fairly deep and provides a tight beam. That's a "pro" for many situations.
    3. Runs on cheap and available AA batteries.
    4. Feels solid in the hand.
    5. Has rubber O-rings on lens, head, and tailcap. I didn't test it, but this probably gives some useful level of water resistance.

6. Forward clickie allows silent operation and easier signaling.

Cons:

1. I bought two of these. When I first turned them on, neither worked. I polished up the positive terminal with some 000 steel wool, and I slightly elongated the spring on the negative terminal. After that they both worked. I didn't test them between doing these two things, so I can't say which one was the culprit. Also, I did have to bang one of them once to get it to come on, so the contacts weren't perfectly reliable even after doing those two things. They seem OK now.

2. With alkaline AA, there was some battery rattle. A simple wrap of paper around the battery cures this.

3. In some situations, I wish the beam had a little more spill.

OtherThoughts:

I bought two of these and compared the beams side-by-side. The beam shapes were almost identical, so the mechanical tolerances are probably pretty good. The only real difference was beam tint. One was noticeably green, whereas the other was a more typical "cool white". Color bin appears to be luck of the draw.

Bottomline:

A good light, period. A great light for the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections