• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Impressed, but don't fool with it, or it will flic

posted by hamletman on 11/18/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I really like this light, been using it for a year, and it just works. Very bright, small, and better than my 3 or 5 cell maglight. One AA, that's a must. I like the beam, enough flood, and good throw. Small enough for the purse or pocket. I bought two, one for me and one for her. Mine flickers a tiny bit, her's is rock solid. Maybe it's because I have been using mine for hours at a time in the evenings as an over head light in my study? Anyway, unscrew the bezel, and it will flood the room with light, seriously more light than a small CFL, and will last many hours this way, each night, for maybe 5 nights.

Cons:

It flickers! Dammnit! I've either buggered it by removing some of the heat sinking qualities by operation without the bezel, or the clicky is getting weak. After fooling with it, I'm begining to think the latter, as it really never get so hot that you think it would need much heatsinking at all.

OtherThoughts:

I wish it were $10 or less. Seriously, these have GONE UP in price since I bought them.

Bottomline:

Buy it, for $12, you won't be out much if you get a dude, which would be unusual. I'd buy more today, but, it's two dollars more than the new Zoom lights (I ordered three weeks ago, just shipped today? Hello) and I am waiting too see if those will be my new favorites, especially if their quality is good, because those zoom lights are a single AA, but only $10!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections