Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Exactly what I needed and more

posted by myrddraal on 06/16/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-Quite flexible, you can make it point downwards

-It appears to be fairly durable and stiff and doesn't buckle under an average bulb

-Good reach, if you are trying to extend a short LED bulb out of a deep enclosure this will do the job handily

Cons:

These are nitpicks to honest

-Not sure if the plastic would be up to the heat of a halogen, pure speculation but most manufacturers do tend to use more durable materials there. On the other hand if you are still using halogens in your house, shame on you!

-Might be too long? If you're just looking to extend a bult a couple inches this is really overkill

OtherThoughts:

I originally bought 3 of these to extend some rather stunted LED's out of their housings. They do that quite well but where I found the most use was on fixed desk lamps. I have a mood LED bulb that I can now steer anywhere I need creating some really nice ambient light that wasn't possible before.

Bottomline:

This extender is a great purchase if you've ever been annoyed by the angle of one your screw in lights. They're better than a simple fixed extension making them worth the price. You'll probably find a really good use for at least one of these

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections