Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Really good headlamp for the price

posted by pvaala on 11/28/2010
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The single greatest feature for me on this lamp is the switch. Cylindical models like sku997 or sku6163 have their on/off buttons in a place that it easily bumped while stuffed in a backpack - which means they often get turned on accidentally while packed away. Then the batteries are drained when I want to use it. It's a huge nuisance to take the batteries out every time I put the lamp away. This one does not have that problem.
    There are two brightness settings but they differ so little that it doesn't matter. You can tell them apart when switching the lamp on aimed at a flat surface but when moving around and actually using the lamp I can't tell the difference. The light is reasonably bright, sufficient for walking around in pitch darkness, reading in bed, or supplementing ambient light when trying to tighten something leaking under the sink. It's not bright enough to be your only source of light if you're working with your hands but it's a good helper.

Cons:

The construction quality if pretty good - the plastic and elastic are reasonably good and don't feel flimsy or cheap. But the headband can slip out of the clips when pulled too hard, a problem with the design. Be careful putting it on or you may be rethreading the band before you can wear it.

OtherThoughts:

The blinking red LED is just useless. It doesn't really hurt anything other than one extra click of the button to turn the lamp off, but it doesn't do anything useful or attractive.

Bottomline:

This headlamp is a great deal for the price. I'd like it to be brighter and easier to wear but it's enormous value for what it costs. Recommended.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections