Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
1. Build quality is far higher than expected. The trackball (which is heavy and solid) sits on proper bearings.
2. Comfortable to use for extended periods. Real handy for extended document reading actually. Suitable for left handed persons too.
3. Trackball can be removed for cleaning.
1. Click buttons are cheap, but usually it's the trackball which seizes long before that happens.
2. I really, really, really wish it had a button to convert the wheel into scrolling. The top left button is like a middle button so can be clicked to turn on scroll mode, but it's not the same.
3. Trackball retaining cover is a royal PITA to unscrew. Extremely stiff, but it will budge eventually.
If you're getting old and finding that extended mouse usage is hurting your forearm like me, this gizmo is great for extended computer usage. You can let your arm hang naturally during use instead of pushing something on the table around.
I use this in combo with a mouse. Both move the pointer. Simply switch between the two as necessary.
I suppose this is a niche product. Younger people, or people who don't work at their computers are highly unlikely to need this.
However it certainly decreases muscle knotting and forearm soreness resulting from extended mouse usage. It takes a while to learn to switch between them, but definitely pays dividends once mastered.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.