DX » Community » Reviews » Portable Finger Hand Held 4D USB2.0 Mini Trackball Mouse (190CM-Cable)
  • 5 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Solves the problem

posted by nedproductions on 09/30/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1. Build quality is far higher than expected. The trackball (which is heavy and solid) sits on proper bearings.

2. Comfortable to use for extended periods. Real handy for extended document reading actually. Suitable for left handed persons too.

3. Trackball can be removed for cleaning.

Cons:

1. Click buttons are cheap, but usually it's the trackball which seizes long before that happens.

2. I really, really, really wish it had a button to convert the wheel into scrolling. The top left button is like a middle button so can be clicked to turn on scroll mode, but it's not the same.

3. Trackball retaining cover is a royal PITA to unscrew. Extremely stiff, but it will budge eventually.

OtherThoughts:

If you're getting old and finding that extended mouse usage is hurting your forearm like me, this gizmo is great for extended computer usage. You can let your arm hang naturally during use instead of pushing something on the table around.

I use this in combo with a mouse. Both move the pointer. Simply switch between the two as necessary.

Bottomline:

I suppose this is a niche product. Younger people, or people who don't work at their computers are highly unlikely to need this.

However it certainly decreases muscle knotting and forearm soreness resulting from extended mouse usage. It takes a while to learn to switch between them, but definitely pays dividends once mastered.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections