There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good thermometer

posted by raido on 01/20/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

big display, fast measure time, clock (if you need it), inside/outside measuring, easy to switch in/out

Cons:

the probe wire could be longer, but is ok. The sensor seems not to be water tight, but might be (I have not tested). I will probably put some glue over it before I attach it under my car to see outside temperature. Buttons seem to be a little "cheap", but work ok. the time function seems to be strange. Just one button for inside-outside would make it easier to use. there are holes in back, which seem to be for some kind of switch. Maybe F/C. Behind it is place for switcs on PCB and it is fixed to C (so the thermometer can probably be switched to show F).

OtherThoughts:

I measured the power consumption: in clock mode it consumes about 4uA, in clock mode there are power peaks much higher (maybe 0.1mA, hard to tell, as my multimeter does not show peak values) during measuring after every 10 seconds, on off mode it consumes about 0,06uA. I have a cheap tester, so numbers may be not accurate, but still something

Bottomline:

I love it. I bought 3 and if I need, I will probably buy more of those. For car, for home outside/inside, for home basement/room, refrigirator and so on. If you need such a thermometer, buy it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections