- good quality;
- easy in use;
- colorful, hard to loose;
- reliable, hard to break it down; not founded yed May be, in the concrete jungle you will newer use such things. But, once have it in the woods, you will find it is really helpful. I used it in rowing trip, after flipping of my canoe. All my ... Read more
It's rather big and I like that. It's somewhat heavy even. I don't know if the spark are indeed 3000 degrees, I have to doubt that, but if you need a spark, this bad boy will definetely do the job for you. But you will have to be clever though, remember: it's just sparks, not a flame, so you'll have ... Read more
Extra ferro rod length makes setting alight to tinder much easier. Works when wet. Orange color makes ferro rod easy to find in backpack or if dropped in grass. Great value, exactly same ferro rod is three times the price at camping and survival outlets. No cons, great survival tool. Once black protective ... Read more
Great size. Well made. Very nice handles on both the rod and the scraper. The scraper is very effective, and combined with the length of the rod makes it very easy to start a fire. The price is fantastic. It'd be hard to find another one of this quality that's any cheaper. Absolutely none. It does what ... Read more
The stick is very long, so you have all the space to make the sparkles. I had a fire in less then 5 minutes for the first time! There are no big cons, but the rope is not long enough to use the whole stick. This is quick dissolved with a longer robe, ore when you take it off. A other thing, is the protection ... Read more
The comparable brand name here is Light My Fire Swedish Firesteel, which I own. If you compare, you'll find that this device is more than 3 times less expensive for a similarly sized Swedish Firesteel. The scraper on this device is better than the scraper that comes with the Swedish Firesteel. This scraper ... Read more
It's big, really big. you can use it every day of your life, and you will not use all the magnesium bar;
the cutter blade works very well and the plastic is strong, weel buildt.
the price is very good, I can't find it cheaper anywhere something so big, it's not so cool to carry to anyplace, in your pocket.... Read more
-It's huge (compared to most availabe versions of this) -It comes with a good striking tool -Small, yet easy to hold handle -Fantastic price for it's size -Noone this far. I got many of these kind of lighters from before, but all of them were smaller, and more expensive. Sure, a small one is easier to ... Read more
- Built to last. - Great blade design! The jagged edge make it real easy to create a nice amount of sparks. - The attached string is long enough for easy usage. - Huge rod size. - half price (than NYC's Chinatown) None really. Got two other Firestarters with this one - they don't match up. This one is ... Read more
- Shaver/striker/scraper is well designed and has a sufficiently long cord to be comfortably used.
- Best bang for the buck of all traditional ferrocerium sparklers I've tried to date.
- Produces a nice shower of sparks with relative little effort.
- Build quality is good, nothing flimsy or shoddy. -... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.