DX » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Fire Sparkle + Blade Cutter Tool (Large)
  • 5 star 7 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byEVGENusu on 10/22/2013

- good quality; - easy in use; - colorful, hard to loose; - reliable, hard to break it down; not founded yed May be, in the concrete jungle you will newer use such things. But, once have it in the woods, you will find it is really helpful. I used it in rowing trip, after flipping of my canoe. All my staff were wet and I was completely frozen. Even with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrugvlad on 05/20/2011

It's rather big and I like that. It's somewhat heavy even. I don't know if the spark are indeed 3000 degrees, I have to doubt that, but if you need a spark, this bad boy will definetely do the job for you. But you will have to be clever though, remember: it's just sparks, not a flame, so you'll have to work a little to actually get a fire working. -... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykubwa on 04/23/2011

Extra ferro rod length makes setting alight to tinder much easier. Works when wet. Orange color makes ferro rod easy to find in backpack or if dropped in grass. Great value, exactly same ferro rod is three times the price at camping and survival outlets. No cons, great survival tool. Once black protective coating is scraped off, ferro rod works every ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCrazyMonkeyGirl on 03/20/2011

Great size. Well made. Very nice handles on both the rod and the scraper. The scraper is very effective, and combined with the length of the rod makes it very easy to start a fire. The price is fantastic. It'd be hard to find another one of this quality that's any cheaper. Absolutely none. It does what it's supposed to do and does it well. I liked it ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysaartjevanelder on 12/29/2010

The stick is very long, so you have all the space to make the sparkles. I had a fire in less then 5 minutes for the first time! There are no big cons, but the rope is not long enough to use the whole stick. This is quick dissolved with a longer robe, ore when you take it off. A other thing, is the protection layer due to the magnesium stick. It is a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythejakemccoy on 10/22/2010

The comparable brand name here is Light My Fire Swedish Firesteel, which I own. If you compare, you'll find that this device is more than 3 times less expensive for a similarly sized Swedish Firesteel. The scraper on this device is better than the scraper that comes with the Swedish Firesteel. This scraper has saw teeth on one edge. The saw teeth are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrafaelceleste on 10/17/2010

It's big, really big. you can use it every day of your life, and you will not use all the magnesium bar; the cutter blade works very well and the plastic is strong, weel buildt. the price is very good, I can't find it cheaper anywhere something so big, it's not so cool to carry to anyplace, in your pocket. only this. buy it, it's cheap, cool and useful.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMizcak on 09/19/2010

-It's huge (compared to most availabe versions of this) -It comes with a good striking tool -Small, yet easy to hold handle -Fantastic price for it's size -Noone this far. I got many of these kind of lighters from before, but all of them were smaller, and more expensive. Sure, a small one is easier to have at hand, but this is easier to use. Especially ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byedebby on 08/19/2010

- Built to last. - Great blade design! The jagged edge make it real easy to create a nice amount of sparks. - The attached string is long enough for easy usage. - Huge rod size. - half price (than NYC's Chinatown) None really. Got two other Firestarters with this one - they don't match up. This one is good and handy fire starter. not that hard to use ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byisotco on 05/28/2010

- Shaver/striker/scraper is well designed and has a sufficiently long cord to be comfortably used. - Best bang for the buck of all traditional ferrocerium sparklers I've tried to date. - Produces a nice shower of sparks with relative little effort. - Build quality is good, nothing flimsy or shoddy. - No cons. See my "Ferrocerium rod length and ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections