DX » Community » Reviews » Credit Card Lock Picking Pocket/Wallet Kit (5-Piece Set)
  • 5 star 41 ( 48% )
  • 4 star 41 ( 48% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best casual lock pick set ever!

posted by UltimateBluedog on 08/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The convenient size, the range of picks, the sturdy construction and the price! To get a 5-piece lock-pick set like this that includes an L-rake pick and (quite a sturdy) tension wrench would usually cost $30 or so. The fact that I can actually store this in my wallet to have with me at all times is invaluable.

Cons:

Mine came a little dirty, like it'd been used. Also my l-rake snapped in a particularly tough lock after just over a month of using it almost every day. Probably not a fault of the product, but just be careful; obviously the picks themselves have to be half the width in this convenient pack compared with, say, a single l-rake pick from lockpickshop.com and so this means you have to be careful with them.

OtherThoughts:

It'd be great to be able to order this with a few spares of particular picks, but really it's just an excellent lockpick set. I hadn't even studied any lock theory beyond basic understanding of how pin and tumbler locks worked and what a wrench/pick do (all knowledge attainable from Skyrim :P), and yet as soon as I got this set, I was able to pick every lock in my house.

Bottomline:

Very, very useful! Great little lockpick set to be able to carry around with you, and at such a great price. 

(Remember to get multiple since the picks are a little thinner than conventional picks.)
    With this set, any wafer lock, any pin/tumbler lock (including dead-bolts), and even some basic padlocks become very easy to pick. 

My single favourite item on this entire site!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections