DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/1*17670)
  • 5 star 12 ( 36% )
  • 4 star 15 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not bright at first, got better after simple tweak

posted by RevolverOcelot on 07/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Bought this light because I wanted a super-bright light that uses a 501/502 drop-in and 18650 battery. 900 lumens sounds promising so I wanted to see the quality of this light for myself. Overall, I'm very impressed by the build quality of this light. It's my first 502 drop-in light and I'm very impressed. It feels comfortable in the hand and the light has a very wide beam. P7 lights have more flood and a softer hotspot but it's still pretty bright. This makes an excellent camping torch and has already become my EDC flashlight.

Cons:

Light has a very dim dark spot in the center of the hotspot. It's hardly noticeable but if you're picky with your lights, you may notice it. Light is also yellow-ish in colour and not ultra white like my other UltraFire lights. Also, light is nowhere near 900 lumens. At most, I would say it's about 450 lumens after I tweaked it (see "Other Thoughts"). Pocket clip was also loose and the drill holes crooked. I used some loc-tite to tighten the clip in place so it's better now. If you prefer the light without the clip, you may want to seal the holes up with some silicone. Otherwise, water and dirt can easily get into the holes. The body of the flashlight also has some minor dents and scratchings from the factory.

OtherThoughts:

When I first received the light, it wasn't very bright. I would say it was about the same as my UF A10b light. After adding a piece of foil to the tail cap switch for better contact, the flashlight is now twice as bright as when I first received it and the beam is now steady without any flickering (a common problem with DX lights).

Bottomline:

Despite a few small flaws, this is still a pretty good flashlight. It's a decent light to have plus the 502b body allows you to upgrade with drop-in bulbs. If you don't own a UF 501 or 502 light, get this light. If you already own a 50Xx light, you may want to pass on this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections