DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/1*17670)
  • 5 star 12 ( 36% )
  • 4 star 15 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best for the money.

posted by dangum on 08/07/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Light is very bright.
    Small size makes it easy to carry.
    Light weight.
    Very durable, I have dropped it several times and it doesn't even scratch.
    It is almost as bright as my WF-500, although I do have an AW-18650 in it and not in the 500.
    The strobe mode is disorienting. Does the job right, if entering a dark room with strobe mode on anyone in the room is going to be incapacitated.
    The dim mode is still brighter than any other led I have ever come across, and lasted over 5 hours of continuous use with a 2600 mAh battery.

Cons:

Clip unscrews about once a week.
    The pattern is not completely smooth although, it is smooth considering the reflector is only slightly wider than the massive SSC-P7.
    Light is a little blue, although it looks white on the customer pictures, something like 50k if I had to guess.
    The three modes have a single button.

OtherThoughts:

The way the modes change is turning the light on and off within ~3 sec. There is a pressure switch while the flashlight is on, but you have to click it on to use it. The mode resets to bright after about 2 min. When you turn the light on it is bright, then dim, then strobe. I like it but at first it is takes a little getting the hang of.

Bottomline:

Great flashlight for the price, I carry it everywhere.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections