DX » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/1*17670)
  • 5 star 12 ( 36% )
  • 4 star 15 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not 900-lumen! Around 350 lumen.

posted by spirogero on 12/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very strong indeed! I tried to use it inside computer racks and it gave so much light, it almost blinded us (on short distances). We could see every little detail in the equipment.
    It is so small, you can have it permanently in your bag. It proves valuable when you need to look for something in a not-so-well-lit room or outside.

Cons:

It uses 4 SMD leds. Theoretically, they produce 225 lumens each (= 900 lumens in total), but this is far from reality. The actual output of the flashlight is around 350 lumens.
    I feel I've been deceived. This flashlight should not be advertised as 900 lumen.

OtherThoughts:

It' a little tricky to get it to the desired output. When you finally find how to set it up, it's OK from that point on.

Bottomline:

Very practical for a small permanent flashlight in your bag, for every use. If you really need 900 lumen output, this will not give it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections