Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Main throw is very narrow but spill very wide, that should give it a good range, but be useful also indoors.
- Beam is very nice, clear, without any artifacts.
- Color temperature is similar to natural light.
- Build quality is quite good apart from the driver pill.
- Power consumption is average, around ~1,5 - 2A in high, 0,5 - 0,8 in low on a Duracell alkaline. Considering the brightness, power efficiency should be quite good.
- Driver is very, VERY poorly assembled into the driver pill, so it's a MUST to deal with this issue if you want to use it as EDC.
- At the slightest shake turns out - poor contact between body & driver. It can be easily fixed though.
- LED is not perfectly centered in reflector, but this can be fixed in minutes.
If you take a look at the bottom of driver pill, you'll see the driver itself is surrounded by a thin copper ring. The trick is to cover the outer driver contact with tin, so that the copper ring also gets covered. After that just level tin with some file and you're over the "bad contact" issue.
If you have a little experience with soldering iron and can fix the bad contact issue, this is a VERY nice flashlight.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.