DX » Community » Reviews » 9-LED Bike Safety Strobe Light (2*AAA)
  • 5 star 68 ( 58% )
  • 4 star 38 ( 32% )
  • 3 star 9 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 2 ( 2% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• excellent light, crummy mount

posted by ClintonRH on 01/01/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This light is just as bright as the major brand rear blinky that I have mounted on the back of my helmet and incidentally the front molding is identical. Visible from over 1/2 a mile away and probably farther. Still on original sets of batteries despite being used for several hours a week for the last couple of months.

Cons:

Very little side splash. The light is very bright in the direction it's facing but has no real projection to the sides. The clip is junky, especially the post mount portion. The belt clip is better but is prone to coming loose. I've glued the clips to the back of my lights. The post mount has broken on all three of mine (attached to a road bike).

OtherThoughts:

Batteries last a very long time and since the clip is so junky I wouldn't use rechargable batteries. Chances are the clip will fail and you'll loose it. Seat post mount may work for you if you never hit potholes or hop curbs but wouldn't stand a chance on a mountain bike.

Bottomline:

Excellent value for a light that is 90% as good as an almost identical major brand light that I have. For the price difference I can buy 5 of these though. I'm a fan. I'll probably be ordering more to have some at the local bike co-op.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections