Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well built

posted by Adventurer on 10/14/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

What a great product for an amazingly low price

5 out of 5 for Quality. This is a well made little unit. A well known brand name unit costing more than 5 times the price of this item is no better in physical construction and only marginally better in the quality of the switch.

This is a very small item and suitable for applications other than just for your bicycle, it can be attached comfortably to your belt or backpack when walking or venturing onto busy roads (The clip built into the unit is solid and will hold very securely)

The reflector style lens diffuses the light a little giving a wider angle that it can be viewed from

Cons:

The "refelector" style construction of the lens means that the LEDs lose some of their overall power and brightness, (this is why I have marked it down slightly in usefulness). There are brighter lights available from DX.

While the design of the clip ensures it will never fall off your bike / belt / bag, it can be difficult to get on sometimes as well (Pro or con, it's up to the user)

OtherThoughts:

One of the smallest safety strobes I have seen. very low cost. There is no logical reason for not using one of these when you go out onto the busy city streets.

This unit is visibly identical to SKU 2975. (I have purchased both).

Bottomline:

While not the brightest, the small size and construction quality of this unit will give you real satisfaction at making a good value purchase. (Really for the price it is very hard to go wrong)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections