Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- The 1W led is very bright without consuming too much power
- Nice build quality. The head lamp assembly is rubberized and is fairly water resistant (nice twist and pry mechanism).
- The elastic will last quite some time I thing, but can easily be replaced (see cons)
- The charger doesn't seem to work and the batteries are worthless. DX please sell this item without them!
- The headband is short (not so much of a problem for me and it could be replaced)
- The 5mm led are too dim
- Head-mount is a bit weak, something a bit stronger (as some mentioned instead of the nice box or crappy charger? ;) would be better
- Rear (and even front) red leds are worthless, seen the same model with battery indicator instead, would be much more useful!
For the above (mostly the charger and batteries) this gets a 3 on build quality and usefulness. It's a shame because it's very close to a 5.
- The 1W led draws around 350mA on high from a fully charged 18650.
- The headband can be used without the battery mount
- Can easily be moded (for extra waterproofness and different batteries)
I will be modding this lamp to use a pack of sku.5790, a modded sku.6105 for charging the pack and sku.32751 and sku.32752 for wiring all of it. Should give a runtime of over 12h on high using two 18650 in parallel. Keep up with the mod in the threads and make sure you have a look at my pictures.
Bottomline: This is a fantastic headlamp if you are willing to spend some time modding it!! Get it if you are a headlampaholic ;)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.